Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Begging For Visitors #1


I am certain, there are three things that our family loves.
1. Oreo cookies
2. BYU football
3. Visitors

Yes, we love hosting company and having visitors come and see us. And we may not have a home that is ideal for hosting a lot of company, but, it works.

You see, the thing is, that we live in this incredibly beautiful place, with so much to do and see in a very close perimeter. And I was looking at the calendar the other day and realized that our time here is going to be over before we know it!

Next summer we'll be packing out and going someplace. I don't know where yet, but we will be packing up. And let me tell you, it will be much more desirable to come now...rather than coming to see us while we're packing. I WILL put you to work if you show up.

But of course we would much rather have you come and enjoy the beautiful Pacific Northwest with us! So over the course of the next little while I'm going to post some great adventures...things to see, places to visit, beautiful scenery to enjoy.

And we *hope* that you'll be enticed enough to come and visit us before we move, because I know sometime it takes months of planning ahead to make something a reality.

So, here you have it, our Begging for Visitors...Adventure #1

The beautiful Skagit Valley Tulip Festival
If you love flowers, gardening, and tulips in particular, you are going to love this festival! It runs annually, this year from April 1 to April 30, but our experience is that more flowers are in bloom towards the last two weeks of the festival.

And of course, the best part is bringing home a huge bundle of fresh flowers to enjoy for the weeks to follow.

And if you think this is gorgeous just wait...there's more to come!

7 comments:

Corey said...

My Dad bought me some tulips for Valentine's Day and everyday I look at them I get more and more excited for the Tulip Festival. We love going there! It will be more fun this year since both of the boys are old enough to run around and smell all of the flowers. It sure makes good for some great photos!

The Dyreng's said...

We want to come and visit so badly and with you posting all this new stuff it is like torture. We do need to just commit and make a trip. Tell Aiden thanks so much for the Valentine we loved them!

Jennie said...

How beautiful!! I am adding to my to do list right now and visiting you is at the top! I don't know when or how, but it is a must. Even if it only me and now kids:) I know they would be so sad, but hey it just may not happen any other way!

JaKe and NaT* said...

oh kris...i just love you!! those pictures just made things alot worse and i would be on a plane right now if I could.. i really hope and plan that we can for sure come visit you before you move.. for the past year i have heard how amazing it is and how beautiful it is!! it really is our next vacation spot... if we weren't so tight with money right now i would even come up for the weeekend... sure hope you know how much we miss you and love you.. your such a great asset to this family!! hope things are goin well for you and i hope that we all can come up and visit you SOON!! love you mucho!! tell my little best bud hi---

Aaron and Meg said...

I LOVE tulips! I have always wanted to take a road trip from CA and travel north along the coast. You do live in a beautiful place!

Jennifer said...

Good to see your blog! It is such a beautiful place! We're excited to be returning to the area this summer. Looks like life is keeping you guys busy! How the time flies....

peterson said...

I want to come and visit so bad. i might just have to leave adam home with the kids and come up by myself.