Sunday, November 2, 2008

Ahoy!


Well, I survived teaching from Isaiah today. And although I am grateful for the time I invested in studying the scriptures, it feels good to break out the lap top and blog away.

The last two weeks were a culmination of some great family time. I can't think of another time in the last few years when, as a family, we have had so much fun together. Here's a little photo journey of what we've been up to lately.

We spent an afternoon at our favorite garden nursery, which was all decked out with a Fall Festival. The coolest part: vegetable racing cars!
Here are Aiden and Daddy making some racing cars. Right below are the finished cars, getting ready to race. Aiden's car beat Dr. Tom's every time.

(Editor's note: You may have noticed that pretty much every picture of Dr. Tom shows him sporting BYU clothing. I promise, he has other clothes. It just so happens that he wears his cougar gear on game day, and well, we've been busy on Saturdays lately. Dr. Tom, thanks for hanging with us even on game day.)
Aiden was so proud of his sweet-potato car. In fact, we kept it around the house until it started to stink. That's how popular it was.

The Bore Train also participated in the Stake's Trunk or Treat party this year. I've decided I LOVE the concept of trunk or treat. You're in a parking lot with people you trust. Kids are safe walking from car to car getting candy, and it is so fun to see creative minds who decorate their trunks. Our little pirate was so excited to participate, and set up our own trunk decoration...

Dr. Tom made a very cool pirate flag which was hoisted up in our trunk. I had envisioned fog from dry ice billowing out of the trunk, but our dry ice didn't work out so well. Regardless, we had a great time, and Dr. Tom received many complements that he looked very similar to Johnny Depp. When we got in the car to come home Aiden said, "Well, that was fun, family!"
This next picture was taken on Halloween day. It rained all day, so I was prepared for pretty crappy weather. But it actually turned out to be perfect when it was time to head out. Aiden has wanted to be a pirate all summer long and has anticipated Halloween for weeks. It was so much fun because it was the first year he's really been excited for and "into" the holiday. Whenever anyone would ask what he was going to be for Halloween he would say, (in a "piratey" voice) "A pirate!.......with a hook." And when he would say hook he would curl his pointer finger like a hook and hold his finger over his eye. He told a stranger in 7-11 that he was Captain Black Jack Sparrow.


We had a blast trick or treating in the dorms on campus. The students love the little kids and really dote over them. Then we headed to a great Halloween party for the evening.

With all of these good times behind us we're ready to take on the month of November - Aiden and Dr. Tom's birthdays, Thanksgiving with the Johnson Family (can't wait!!!) and relief from all of the political commercials, which is what I am most excited about.


Next blog post - Dr. Tom's Naturalization Ceremony. Stay tuned!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the picture of Aiden walking on the sidewalk through the leaves. I am looking forward to November as well. I love the thanksgiving season.

Tara H said...

Love the red leaves near your house! I blogged about leaves today. Your family was so cute- I am bummed we missed the trunk or treat! We will have to come up with something good next year. I can't wait for Odessa to really know what she wants to be.

peterson said...

I loved your costumes! Aiden looked so cute. Looks like you guys had a fun halloween!

Rhett and Tiffanie Jackson said...

What fun Halloween activities!!! The leaves are Beautiful!!!! I am so glad you and Tom dressed up with Aiden!! Rhett was so original....he was Coach Jackson! DUH! It was a fun day! We are so lucky to have such a great ward so we went door to door!! 1st stop - Nanny Diane's!

Anonymous said...

I have discovered your blog through my hobby of blogstalking and have to say your family and blog are sooo cute! You are too funny!

Corey said...

Cool veggie cars! Where was this at? I'm with you on being excited that tomorrow will restore our regular commercials to us. It's just gone crazy lately! It'll be nice to not hear people bash each other anymore and just watch senseless ads again.

You guys make the cutest pirate family! What did Thomas use for his beard? When I saw him at the trunk-or-treat at first I almost didn't recognize him!

JaKe and NaT* said...

love the costumes kris! all 3 of you looke awesome!! hope you have fun with your mom this weekend..did aiden have a fun halloween this year?

Melissa said...

The vege racing looks so cool! How did we miss that while we were there? Great costumes!

Jennie said...

I'm so impressed with the costumes and especially makeup! Looks like you had a great time. I love the picture of Aiden in walking down the path with the beautiful fall leaves. We sure miss that part of fall. I agree that Thomas looks very much like johnny Depp. Very fun!