Sunday, February 8, 2009

I Need 101 Soup Recipes...Help Wanted!


I talked the fam into going shopping with me last week and we went to University Village, one of my favorite little shopping centers where we live. My mission: to use the $100 gift card at Pottery Barn I received for my birthday.

So I really love PB furniture, but it's ridiculously expensive and my little gift card wouldn't go too far in the store. But, I was in need of center piece for my dining room table. And can I say that I was a little disappointed. I don't know. Call me crazy....maybe I'm losing my sense of decorating style. There wasn't much to choose from and I didn't think the mushrooms or white ceramic frogs were my thing.

But being the thorough shopper that I am, I sauntered to the back of the store and browsed through the kitchen/tableware department and found some gems...like this fabulous soup tureen.

I'm actually quite excited about this. It is something I would never just go out and buy for myself. So now I've got my tureen in my cute little hutch and well, now I need to start making soup so I can use it.

Which, is the inspiration for this blog entry.

My goal: to gather 101 soup recipes so I'll never run out of soup to fill my tureen. I've got a few tried and true recipes myself, but not 101. So this is where you come in.

I'm requesting that everyone....friends, family and blog lurkers...I invite you ALL to email me your favorite soup recipes. And wait, there is something in it for you. Read on.

Question: What's in it for me?
Answer: Well, I am going to compile all of the recipes and will email you a PDF file with ALL 101 recipes.

Question: Why 101? Why not just 23 or something?
Answer: I know, I know. I've set a high standard for myself. I'm aiming for 101 favorite soup recipes because this blog entry is my 101st entry. Too bad I didn't think about gathering recipes on my 23rd entry, huh?

Question: Do I get a prize for the best recipe submission?
Answer: Honestly, I thought about this. Because I'm feeling generous this weekend I thought it would be fun to award a really cool prize to someone for the best recipe. BUT...then I thought about the HUGE amount of soup I would have to sample in order to do this. Frankly, I am not that big of a soup fan to eat soup for the next 101 days. So, no single submission will be singled out. But, I will gladly email you a PDF booklet of all submissions, and can't everyone use a new idea to add to your weekly menus?

Question: Can I forward your invitation to someone I know who has a great soup recipe or someone I know who would like 101 Soup Recipes?
Answer: Absolutely, positively, Yes.

If you're interested, please email me your favorite soup recipes to onebrilliantgirl@gmail.com (Please note, this is not my primary email address, so don't "add" it to your address book if you want to email me on a regular basis.)

Deadline: Please send any recipe submission by February 15th. That's one week. :)

I hope to hear from you soon...I need your help to meet this goal!

3 comments:

Corey said...

Sounds fun! I've got some good ones to pass on to you. Hopefully I'll be able to get a free moment from the kids to type them up and send them your way in the next week. Thanks for sharing the final copy. It will be fun for all! Beautiful tureen, by the way!

Tara H said...

I will send you a bucket load. another friend in Chicago did this same thing, so I copied and pasted her gathered recipes from her blog. I have not tried them, they were sent in by a lot of different people, but at the end is my submission- Parsnip leek soup- delicious!

Chelle! said...

I will compile my favorite soup recipes and them on to you. Plus, I placed your request on my blog--hope that is okay!!