Friday, January 30, 2009

Not Interesting

Hello Readers.


Yes. I am still here.
Still "chugging along" as Aiden would say. Still wondering what happened to my zest for blogging. I think it's somewhere deep inside and is just dying to come out again.
So first, I give props out there to all of my blogging peeps who are consistently consistent. Oh how I desire to be like you!

This is actually my 100th blog post. But you wont' see any contests or special rah-rah's in this post. I was thinking it would be more exciting to have a big celebration on like the, oh, 107 post or something. So, you'll have to stay tuned in three more months at the rate I'm blogging these days.

But actually, now that I think about it, I just haven't felt like I've had a lot to write about as of late. For example, I didn't really think you'd be all that interested to know that I've been doing some reading up on our ancestors and discovered my Great, Great, Great, Great Uncle Luther Tuttle had gold teeth that he would put over his real teeth. One night he accidentally threw them in the fire and they melted. Who would have thought I'd have a relative that had something in common with Flava Flav.

I didn't think there was much to say about Aiden's latest comment to me when he's mad. He says, "Mom, I don't like your attitude!" Hmm. Wonder where he's heard that.

Or, I thought I'd spare you the gory details of our family outing to Chinatown, where we decided to celebrate the first day of Chinese New Year with our friends for dinner. It ended up being more authentic then I think any of us planned for. Our waiters could barely speak English and the "house" order of Low Mein had a variety of disgusting ....I don't know, maybe squid or something beyond disgusting. We didn't touch it, so I can't say for sure.

And I'm pretty sure it would be of no interest to anyone that I was released as a Gospel Doctrine teacher and am now preparing for sharing time this Sunday as a counselor in Primary.


Plus, so many other things to write about like the fact that I lost my drivers license. The last time I remember seeing it was in Thomas' hands at the airport. I'm a little freaked out about it; who knows who found it or where it is.

Or the fact that Dr Tom and I joined the "Resolutionary Challenge" with some friends. We try to accumulate 10 points every day, and whoever has the most points at the end of three months takes all the money we put into the kitty. I'm enjoying the challenge, but wish I was more consistent in some areas.

And I'm sure no one wants to know that I'm a huge Miss America fan and was so excited to watch the pageant this year. In fact, I went to a Miss America party and watched it with all of my girlfriends. The bonus, was the girl I thought would win ended up winning. And I am in love with her! She shows cows at the Indiana State Fair. She's my kind of girl.


I was thinking you would not find it interesting one bit that Aiden's cowboy boots that his Nannie and Grandpa gave him for Christmas are practically GLUED to his feet. He takes them off to sleep and take a bath and that's about it. One thing I've noticed - people at the grocery store smile at him a lot more when he has his boots on versus just regular shoes. Go cowboys.

You also probably don't want to know all of the details about my experiments with trying to bake with whole wheat I've ground with my own wheat grinder. My bread tastes like cardboard about a day after it was baked.

I guess, though, even though a whole month has come and gone, it was still 31 days of happiness and good things happening in our family. We're blessed. We're healthy. We're pursuing our goals. We're trying to be better parents and spouses. We're learning together. And for that, I'm grateful.

9 comments:

alison said...

Hey if you are interested I have a GREAT whole wheat bread recipe.

Rhett and Tiffanie Jackson said...

Thanks Kris....I love reading about all those non important things that will be fun for you to read about a year from now....what you did in January 2009.....You can even print these pages and put them in a book....(but that would be cheating at scrapbooking...)lol! Have lots of fun going BACK to primary...I am to and I love it!!!

Jennie said...

I'm so glad that all is well...at least you have used your wheat grinder. I've gotten mine out two times to use, bet get interrupted and can't read long enough to figure it out. I'm glad Aiden is loving his boots. Wait til he wants to wear them with his shorts...then you'll really get the smiles at the grocery store! Take care. We miss and love you all!

Chelle! said...

You are so amazing and that is the exact reason why I love you so much. YOU ARE AMAZING!! I could go on to say that you are inspiring, creative, fabulous, kind, sweet, and of course the list goes on and on. You are SUPER-DUPER FANTASTIC!!

The Dyreng's said...

Oh Kris we are always interested in what you guys have going on. Your life always has something going on. we love you guys.

Gaven said...

Great post, hey we are in primary too and since you are the master of creativity i'd love some ideas on sharing times... Both times we've done it we've been booed off the stage:) They're a tough crowd!

Chad and Mandi said...

Your blogs are always so much fun to read! Glad to hear things are going well for you!

Tara H said...

as if what you are doing is boring- whatever! we looked at an apt RIGHT DOWN THE STREET FROM YOU tonight. we would be over everyday - ha ha. we could grind wheat together.

Anonymous said...

hi there luv,

so we'll have to have a cowboy day for our boyz next visit :). i just got moved back to primary as well, though i wish i could come to your sharing time...i would love it. after using my parent's wheat grinder last month, it went caput, so we're looking for another... though the kiddos in preschool and i did make whole wheat bread in the breadmaker and it turned out gr8...but you best get alison's recipe, for it didn't last to the 2nd day and chances are it will taste like card board as well.

so nice seeing you at grandma's. luv you soo much,
treen