Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Survey and Random Things


Do you ever have those days pass by and nothing "blog worthy" happens? Well, life around the Bore Train Station has been pretty busy but uneventful lately....uneventful except for these few little details I thought I'd just throw out there for the world to ponder with me. So here they are.

1. Survey
I had to get glasses. When you have to "zoom in" on documents and emails to read them, it's time for a visit with the eye doctor. So question: are the frames too dark for my fairest of fair complexion? Leave a comment if you care to opine.

2. Smoke
So last night I was making dinner. I put some squash in the microwave. I love butternut squash during this time of year. A little dab of brown sugar and it's good to go. So anyway, I had my squash in the microwave and was busy working on our main dish when I started smelling smoke, like something was burning. In the commotion, Dr. Tom came home and we briefly had salutations and welcome home greetings. I continued working on dinner and the smell got worse. I asked Dr. Tom if he could smell it. He thought it was the pepper, garlic and salt that Aiden dumped on one of the stove plates. I thought that sounded like a fair answer and turned the burner off and used a different one. Pretty soon the smell was so strong it was burning my nose. And in that second I turned and looked at the microwave. Smoke was blowing out of its vents!!! Sadly, I fried my squash. The plastic melted.

My kitchen still stinks.

Disappointment.

3. Sickening
I witnessed a full-on, live, lesbian kiss tonight. I'm sick to my stomach just writing about it. I went visiting teaching tonight. And let me just say, it was a heck of an effort to coordinate a night when everyone could get together. So my partner and I went to our first stop, and the person wasn't home. While we were walking back to the parking garage we passed two girls in their 20s who just happened to conveniently embrace and lock lips right as we approached them. I was close enough to hear their lips smacking.

(Awkward Silence)

For one of the few times in my life I believe that a brief little summary is all that needs to be said.

11 comments:

alison said...

I love the specs. You are such a pretty girl (woman sounds too weird).

The pic of you and your mom is fabulous.

The lesbian story....gag!

Jayci said...

For what it's worth, I love the glasses on you. You look great in them!

JaKe and NaT* said...

Jake and I freakin LOVE the glasses on you!!... we are fans!! i am so jealous cause i have been wantin some exactly like those. you look gorgous!!

peterson said...

I also love the glasses! They look really cute on you! And by the way, I would have wanted to gag also if I witnessed what you did.

Holly said...

Cute, Cute, Cute!! Love them, too!

mom2jjk said...

Very cute glasses! Sorry about the kiss business. That was so thoughtful of them to do it right in front of you. Ick! But good for you for trying to do your VT!
Did you happen to watch the show on Friday about the "man" giving birth? I shouldn't have watched it because I was 100% disturbed and bothered but human curiosity kept me glued to the t.v. I almost blogged my feelings but I was too worried about what people would think. Justin's work partner has a "partner" of her own and she reads my blog so I didn't want to offend her. She is an amazing woman living with another amazing woman and they have just made a life choice that I don't agree with. Sorry about the book I wrote for a comment!

The Dyreng's said...

Kristen we love the glasses! You look even more brilliant then you usually look which is amazing cause you always look great. We are so excited to see you in a couple weeks all that Travis can talk about is being with all his little buddies again.

Rhett and Tiffanie Jackson said...

Cute glasses. I like! Sounds like a crazy day...ick!!

Sarah said...

Love the glasses and the prom dress! Do you still have it? When you have a daughter someday she will love to try it on! Sheesh, I want to try it on!

Jennie said...

You look like an official business-woman! I love them! It's a great new look! Sorry to hear about your V.T. flop...those darn lezis...if only they really knew what they were missing out on!

Chelle! said...

The glasses are absolutely adorable on you. I just love them!!!! As for visiting teaching...I am STILL trying to get a testimony of the importance of it--I still don't get it!! Thanks for your example!!