Monday, December 1, 2008

We're Moving...

We're moving to the Oregon Coast. Well, at least I'd like to think that we are.

After returning from a little Thanksgiving trip and spending quality time with our awesome friends, the incredible and wonderful Johnson family, I am prepared to pack up the ship and head down the coast and just plant myself there on the beach with the rocks and the sand. It was fabulous.

I actually do not have any time tonight to even start reminiscing and typing up a blog. My to do list is pretty much long and depressing at this point. (Can I just say I hate playing catch up after coming home from vacation?) But instead of hammering away at my lengthy list, I am just naturally drawn to the keyboard on quiet night.

It was a sad day this summer when our good friends loaded up a packed UHAUL and headed down south, so we were really looking forward to a road trip to spend Thanksgiving with them. We've never really had to travel on the "most traveled" weekend of the whole year, and now I know why.

But, we enjoyed a great turkey feast on Thursday, and spent Friday touring through the Redwoods in No. California and beaches along the Oregon Coast. Now I know why the coast was Tawnya and Kerrie's most favorite vacation spot.

I love this place and I am seriously looking for anyone who wants to join us for a beach house stay.

It was a prefect weekend, and we are go grateful to the Johnsons for being the perfect hosts. We loved every minute and can't wait to come and visit you again soon!

I couldn't narrow down which photos to share, but feel blessed...you're only getting a few of the more than 200 photos we snapped along our adventure.

And I'm serious about the beach house. Who's interested?!?
Being in the presence of these trees made me feel so small and insignificant.
Standing inside of a tree stump Cutest picture ever








11 comments:

Jamie Ortega said...

Count us in one the beach house!!! It looks amazing their!

Lisita said...

I love the Oregon coast too. We plan to exploe the N.Cali coast this summer so we'll have to talk!

Gretchie Love said...

Love your photos ! Aiden is a cutie pahtootie !! Okay, we are in on the beach house....Tom has no idea...my Tom. I want to live there too !!

alison said...

Well it looks like we're in for one big party at the beach house! What a great Thanksgiving! It looked like a fabulous time.

Unknown said...

Matt and I took a trip there one year after we were married. It is breath taking for sure! Man we would love to visit again.

JaKe and NaT* said...

ok so when i saw your title.. " were moving" i was so close to callin you and being like what?!! it better be to cedar.. ha ha those pictures are gorgous.. jake and i are so there!! love you!

Melissa said...

Thank you again for coming to visit us! We too loved every minute. E-mail me your house address and I will ship your player and jacket. I haven't found anything else but let me know if there is something else I need to send.

Chelle! said...

Those pictures are amazing!!! Kristyn, I am definitely coming to visit. Name the date and time and I will be there!!! Oh, what a beautiful place!!

Rhett and Tiffanie Jackson said...

Looks like an awesome fun vacation!!! the pictures are beautiful!!!

peterson said...

We would love to go stay! Those pictures were so pretty. But we sure did miss you home! It's good we will see ya in a few weeks!

The Dyreng's said...

You know that me and Travis would love to visit a beach house for the summer. It would be so fun to just get away. If you do decide to move though how about Utah I heard that these really cool families there that would love to see you more.